ESPN Updates ESPN Hub App for Nokia Smartphones
ESPN has launched a major new release of the ESPN Hub app (version 2.5) for fans to update the existing, Nokia-exclusive app originally launched in January 2012. The multi-sport, regionalized application instantly accessible on Nokia Lumia smartphones is currently available in eight global markets (U.S., UK, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, Chile, Colombia, and South Africa) and three languages (English, Spanish, and Portuguese), with plans on expanding to additional regions and languages in the year ahead.
“Our unique collaboration with Nokia continues to serve sports fans around the world with today’s update to the ESPN Hub,” said Arne Rees, VP, Digital Media, ESPN International. “The update utilizes the latest innovations in personalization and customization on one of the fastest growing global smartphone platforms.”
“We are excited to reach another level with the ESPN Hub experience on Nokia Windows Phone,” said Bryan Biniak, GM and VP, Global Partnering and Application Development, Nokia. “With innovative features including live tile team and league personalization, team panoramas, and an enhanced user interface, the new ESPN Hub app offers the most personalized smartphone sports experience on any mobile platform.”
One of the key features is the ability to personalize the app’s main Tile. Fans can receive instant, real-time scores, and game start times, for all their favorite teams, delivered directly on their home screen.
Built specifically for the Windows Phone platform, the Hub provides sports fans with personalized news, scores, video, statistics and social content from a dozen sports including football, golf, tennis, rugby, cricket, F1 and NASCAR, over 65 leagues such as NFL, NBA, MLB, and Barclays Premier League, and more than 700 teams from around the world.
New features to the updated app will include:
- Completely New Design – an updated user interface utilizes the best of what the Windows Phone platform offers, including the new Sideline menu and tap-and-hold game navigation;
- Personalization – fans will be able to customize the app with favorite sports and teams from around the world;
- Customizable Alerts – choose news and score updates from favorite sports and teams;
- Customized Live Tile – allows fans to program the Hub’s main tile to display game start, score updates and final scores from their favorite teams;
- Expanded Content – more news, scores, video, standings, statistics, and rosters from over 700 teams;
- Team and Sport Deep Pins – quick access to any sport or team by deep pinning team and sport tiles to the Nokia Lumia home screen.
The exclusive ESPN Hub on Windows Phone has been designed with sports fans in mind. The new release makes the ESPN Hub app experience even faster, easier to use and adds personalization. The app is available now on all Nokia Lumia Windows Phones in Marketplace or the Nokia Collection.