Elemental Software Release 2.0 Advances Unified Platform for Multiscreen Video
Elemental Technologies, a supplier of video solutions for multiscreen content delivery, announced version 2.0 of its video processing software with unified support for multiple codecs, delivery standards and content protection technologies. The comprehensive functionality available with the latest Elemental software lets customers across market segments more widely deploy and monetize multiscreen video services.
“With our most recent release, Elemental offers a flexible software architecture appropriate for pay TV operators, content programmers, studio and post-production houses, sports rights-holders and more,” said Keith Wymbs, VP marketing at Elemental. “Paired with the performance and throughput capabilities of our live and file-based video processing solutions, customers reap the rewards of our software-based approach to large-scale video deployments.”
Designed to support next-generation GPU and CPU architectures, release 2.0 is now available for Elemental’s suite of products for video processing, packaging and streaming live and on-demand video. The release brings together a host of features for multiscreen video delivery to create a unified platform providing substantial benefit to Elemental customers:
- Increased performance – With next-generation processor architectures and an optimized video pipeline, Elemental systems offer double the performance and density of previous generation solutions in a single RU footprint. Increased throughput allows customers to bring multiscreen assets to market more quickly and in a smaller footprint than ever before.
- Comprehensive codec support – Support for multiple codecs running simultaneously on a single platform provides customers with a seamless migration path from existing video delivery standards to future compression technologies. Elemental solutions offer MPEG-2, H.264, VC-1 and HEVC / H.265 encoding with patented compression technology as well as support for JPEG 2000 and ProRes mezzanine assets.
- Current and future standards – In addition to support for common video streaming protocols such as Adobe RTMP and HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming and Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Elemental software supports newly emerging technologies including MPEG-DASH, Ultraviolet and 4K Ultra HD.
- Advanced encryption and protection – Secure content with a variety of integrated technologies including Civolution forensic watermarking for both live and VOD content, Adobe Flash Access, Apple Sample-AES and Microsoft PlayReady as well as DRM solutions from NDS, Verimatrix and Widevine.
- Increased monetization – Support for ESAM dynamic ad insertion and Nielsen ID3 tagging give pay TV operators a path to multiscreen video delivery and a way to deepen audience engagement and interaction. Media companies can also take advantage of the Adobe Primetime ecosystem for ad insertion as well as ad integration solutions from BlackArrow and mDialog.
- Augmented audio options – With release 2.0, robust support for audio encoding is available across the Elemental product line, including support for DTS Express, Dolby Digital, Dolby E and Dolby Digital Plus. In addition, release 2.0 features support for Dolby Digital Plus in Apple HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming, raising the bar for audio fidelity in the streaming market.
- Accessibility features – Audio loudness management lets broadcasters adhere to the CALM Act and new captioning features, including caption burn-in, SMPTE-TT and SCC file creation let content creators adhere to captioning requirements coming into effect later this year. Elemental makes it easy to caption content originally aired on television and destined for delivery over the Internet.
Elemental software release 2.0 is currently deployed with more than one hundred customers.