SMT’s ISO Track System, Live Race Crawl Return to Tour de France on NBC
SMT, the leading provider of data integration, graphics presentation and video enhancement solutions to live sports and entertainment television, has partnered with NBC Sports to deliver the most advanced and interactive experience for the 2013 Tour de France. This year’s products and services for NBC Sports’ 2013 Tour broadcast includes The ISO Track System and a live race crawl.
ISO Track allows broadcasters to track riders with an onscreen pointer feature and interface names, rankings and headshots, enabling viewers to follow cyclists in the peloton.
The live race crawl, or ticker, highlighting information and statistics regarding: tracks peloton, leaders and other groups (information displayed includes kilometers/miles to go, jerseys, time ahead or behind); jersey standings, stage winners; and overall, American and “notable” rider standings.
SMT is also providing:
- Lower-third graphics that show riders’ names/headshots/team logos and other race statistics
- Leaderboard graphics.
- Race Stage Profiles showing the layout of the current stage and tracking the progression of the riders.
- A production telestrator, which allows its operator to draw a freehand sketch over a still or moving video image.
- A stats prompter with information for broadcasters.
- Twitter interface
- Onscreen clocks and time trial-specific graphics that track timing/place/finish for both team and individual time trial stages.
- A system that parses timing and scoring data from multiple providers.