Telestream, Quantum Intro Replay, Review Solution For Live Multi-Stream Sports Coverage
Telestream and Quantum Corp. announced a new Replay and Review packaged solution for ingest, instant review, and storage of video from multi-camera, live sporting events. The joint solution combines the Telestream Pipeline Replay system for easy, cost-effective capture of multiple HD camera feeds and Quantum’s StorNext Pro Studio appliance and shared storage software solution for high-performance ingest and playback.
Based on a previous, IBC award-winning collaboration between the two companies, this combination provides sports leagues and teams a turnkey solution delivered through Diversified Systems, a recognized leader in the design of turnkey integration solutions for today’s sports media leaders. The Telestream-Quantum solution meets the expectations of modern-day officiating and offers re-monetization opportunities – all at a fraction of the cost of large, live sports broadcast solutions.
“We are delighted to be partnering with Quantum and Diversified Systems to offer the new Replay and Review turnkey solution for ingest, instant review, and storage of video,” said Paul Turner, vice president of enterprise product management at Telestream. “Pipeline Replay was custom designed for officiating and review of sporting events, a market for which we see great growth potential. Coupling our processing technology with StorNext’s scale-out storage offers capabilities unrivaled at any price point.”
- Instant Review of Live Sporting Events – Customers can record an entire event live across multiple camera angles, instantly review any point in time and then jump back to live action.
- Simultaneous Editing of Highlight Clips – Using the Telestream Pipeline Replay client, editors can pick the camera angle that provides the best view, instantaneously log content and repurpose media for editing, transcoding, creation of highlights, or web/mobile distribution.
- Post-production Editing on Live Feeds – Post production can be performed on the live feeds instantaneously. An editor using Apple Final Cut or Adobe Premiere can simultaneously access the captured camera content from a single volume of StorNext high-performance storage. Because the open standards-based system is XML-driven, users can also add custom metadata tags and create new markers for incidents they want to review later.
- Easy Scalability – The base system includes capture and multi-camera playback from eight camera feeds to a single client. However, it can be extended to 12 camera feeds with minimal Telestream Pipeline Replay additions and no extra storage costs. Moreover, the StorNext Pro Studio solution can be extended to include a StorNext AEL Archive, thereby providing
LTO-based archival of multi-camera content for future repurposing.
- Complete Turnkey Solution – The Telestream-Quantum Replay and Review system is a complete solution delivered as a turnkey package for simplicity and cost effectiveness. It includes all of the hardware, software, storage spares – along with three years of support – needed for deployment. Integration will be provided byDiversified Systems, which is highly experienced in the unique production and entertainment needs of sports venues and networks.
“We’re excited to be building on our partnership with Telestream to help sports leagues and teams meet the expectations of today’s viewers, as well as find new ways to repurpose and monetize their content,” said Alex Grossman, vice president, Media and Entertainment, Quantum. “Over the past year, Quantum has increased its focus and investment in the sports video market, leveraging StorNext’s long-standing leadership in collaborative storage and content workflows and archive. In fact, this week I’m at the Sports Video Group’s College Sports Summit, where I’ll not only be talking with customers about the new Telestream-Quantum solution but also participating in a panel discussion on managing digital assets.”