Quantum Simplifies Management of StorNext 5 Workflow Storage With New StorNext Connect
Quantum announced StorNext Connect, an easy-to-use tool set that simplifies the installation, discovery, management, and monitoring of StorNext environments. Designed for Quantum StorNext 5 appliances and initially delivered as part of the company’s StorNext Pro Solutions, StorNext Connect enables users to deploy or upgrade their StorNext systems and identify and resolve issues quickly to maximize performance and uptime.
StorNext Connect features:
• An intuitive, self-guided interface that makes it easy to install StorNext software and view all StorNext resources — storage, CPU, memory, and network interconnect — and their connections within a single graphical view;
• Tools for monitoring performance characteristics, including throughput and latency;
• Detailed information about individual components, with data including real-time status and historical trends;
• System management tools that facilitate upgrades of metadata controllers and clients, individually or in groups; and
• Graphs of real-time activity, performance, and usage that support rapid troubleshooting of performance bottlenecks.
For StorNext installations that incorporate tape libraries, StorNext Connect also provides a view of I/O status along with real-time performance, historical trends, and archive media statistics across disk and tape. Users can monitor their tape resources to determine how much of the library’s tape media is in use and identify how much of their archived content has been vaulted.
Over the next year, Quantum plans to incorporate additional features into StorNext Connect, including greater visibility and control over larger, more complex deployments; expanded hardware monitoring and optimization; and additional diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
Quantum will showcase StorNext Connect at the IBC2014 exhibition (Quantum stand 7B26), Sept. 11-16, in Amsterdam. It will be available with all StorNext Pro Solutions in December 2014.