Golf Channel, NBC Feature FAA-Approved Drone Footage at Arnold Palmer Invitational
Drone footage will be featured for aerial looks of Bay Hill Club and Lodge during this weekend’s coverage on Golf Channel and Golf Channel on NBC of the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard. The shoot caught the attention of Arnold Palmer, who stopped by to see the camera-enabled drones in action and share aviation stories with the licensed pilots from FAA-licensed production team operating the equipment.
Aerial footage includes:
· Beauty shots of holes 3, 6, 8, and 9, including green complexes
· Beauty shots of finishing holes 16, 17, and 18 at sunrise and sunset
· Sweeping shots of Bay Hill Lodge, the Rolex Clock, iconic flowerbeds featuring the iconic Arnold Palmer umbrella logo, and Bay Hill sign
· Arnold Palmer on the 18th green giving his signature thumbs up
· The path John Daly took several times on the par-5 6th hole in an attempt to carry the water before carding an 18 in 1998
· Robert Gamez’ plaque in the 18th fairway marking where he holed out to win the 1990 Nestle Invitational for a one-stroke victory over Greg Norman
This footage will be incorporated into tournament coverage on Golf Channel and NBC by 29-time Emmy Award winning producer Tommy Roy, and will be featured in Golf Channel’s Morning Drive and Golf Central, both of which are onsite at Bay Hill this week.