BVE 2016: Grass Valley To Show Off Wares for Broadcast Professionals
With all the opportunities available to broadcasters today in areas such as IP networking, 4K/UHD capture, and automated workflows, events and tradeshows provide the perfect chance to see technology in action and talk to the experts who understand industry trends and emerging technologies. The Broadcast Video Expo (BVE) in London, February 23-25, is just the place to see the latest broadcast solutions from Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, in Stand D14.
Grass Valley will be demonstrating products for live production, infrastructure, and media workflow. Most notably, this show marks the first time that GV Node, the first true real-time IP processing and edge routing platform, will be shown in the U.K.
Some of the show highlights include:
- LDX 86 Universe System Camera: this advanced system offers “universal format” support with switchable 1X/3X/6X HD, 1X/3X 3G and 1X 4K all from a single camera for the ultimate flexibility and equipment utilization, as well as extended color gamut supporting ITU-R BT.2020 and a software upgrade to enable 15 F-stops of high dynamic range (HDR) in single-speed operation.
- K2 Dyno Universe Replay System: makes the power of 4K or 6X acquisition affordable for all camera angles and replay positions. With this solution, 6X HD and 4K workflows for all camera and replay positions are possible, using the same number of replay operators and same amount of rack space. The K2 Dyno Universe supports HD up to 6X and 4K operation, and offers two sizes, 4RU and 6RU, both fully 6X HD/4K switchable.
- GV Node IP Processing and Edge Routing Platform: delivers a broadcast-centric, real time, distributed edge routing and IP processing node that supports IP and SDI workflows with vertically accurate switching and integrated processing, including integrated Kaleido multiviewing for live production, playout and general purpose infrastructure. With GV Node, common off-the-shelf (COTS) IP switches can be used in broadcast and media facilities with the assurance that the combined solution offers transparent broadcast-centric operation and processing, supporting SDI, MADI & SMPTE 2022-6 IP inputs and outputs, as well as TICO visually lossless 4:1 compression for 4K applications.
- GV Convergent: an IP router control and configuration system that transparently manages facility routing as the industry migrates from SDI to IP infrastructures, maintaining familiar control interfaces as well as introducing intuitive new GUIs for configuration, management and control through software defined networking (SDN) as well as through traditional control methods. GV Convergent is both infrastructure and signal format agnostic for easy system scalability as needs change.
- Kaleido-MX 4K Multiviewer: perfect for monitoring in facilities which require the ultimate picture quality, the Kaleido-MX 4K multiviewer takes the superb video and graphics viewing that Kaleido is best known for to the next level by natively supporting 4K ultra high-definition screens. The enhanced resolution provides the ultimate viewing experience, and is ideal for high-end in-studio TV productions, outside broadcast trucks, as well as playout facilities.
Visitors will see a live 4K demonstration of the LDX 86 4K camera with Extended Dynamic Range (XDR) feeding the K2 Dyno Universe with Densité and GV Convergent, as well as a configuration of EDIUS and the newly released GV STRATUS 4.5 to show media handling and editing. In addition to demonstrating these products and more, product teams will be on hand to discuss Grass Valley’s proven approach to 4K and IP.
Recognizing the importance of interoperability in the transition to IP, Grass Valley experts at BVE will be discussing the company’s lead role in the forming of AIMS (The Alliance for IP Media Solutions), an independent trade organization fostering the adoption of open industry standards. Visit the stand for more information.
“This show is an excellent opportunity for professionals in the U.K. broadcast industry to see the newest technologies and to speak with experts who can help them make smart investing decisions for the long term,” says Jan-Pieter van Welsem, vice president sales, EMEA, Grass Valley. “With so much talk about IP and 4K and how to prepare for the changes, it’s important to see the options in person and to see how they work in real-world applications. There is no doubt that we will see a lot of interest from visitors looking for a supplier that takes the time to understand their needs and offer options that are both powerful and scalable.”