Sportsnet Launches Direct-to-Consumer Live Streaming Service, Sportsnet NOW
Offering customers more choice and ways to watch their favorite sports content, Sportsnet will now be available to all Canadians as a direct to consumer service beginning tomorrow. Sportsnet NOW is a live streaming service of six Sportsnet linear channels, giving fans access to the great content they’ve come to love on Canada’s #1 sports media brand. The digital destination for live sports and sports news, Sportsnet NOW remains included with Sportsnet television subscriptions through participating providers, and is now expanding to reach all Canadians.
“Rogers is Canada’s home for the best in sports, and Sportsnet NOW is a complementary service to our other offerings that gives Canadians even more choice when it comes to how they consume their sports content,” says Rick Brace, President, Rogers Media. “We are committed to driving innovation in sport – and with this service, we’re bringing sports to our audiences in a new and exciting way.”
Sportsnet is the first mainstream sports TV channel in North America to be offered direct to consumers. Sportsnet NOW will be available on tablet, mobile and online, for a monthly subscription of $24.99 with no contract and a 7-day trial period. Sportsnet NOW remains included for existing Sportsnet cable, IPTV, and satellite subscribers where available.
“This service is ideal for sports fans who do not have a TV subscription, but still want to watch live sports,” says Scott Moore, President, Sportsnet & NHL Properties, Rogers. “With Sportsnet NOW, Canadians can choose to watch all the live action when they want it, anytime, anywhere. Sportsnet NOW is the fans’ all-access pass to Sportsnet content.”
With a subscription to Sportsnet NOW, customers will receive:
- Live streaming of Sportsnet Ontario, East, Pacific, West, ONE, and 360 – online, on tablets, and through mobile devices
- Content includes: NHL, MLB, NBA, junior hockey, soccer, tennis, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, CIS, Tour de France, and much more, as well as original programming such as Tim & Sid, Sportsnet Central, Hockey Central, Gotta See It, Misplays, Plays of the Month, and Sportsnet Presents.
- Live streaming for $24.99 (plus applicable taxes) on a month-to-month basis
- 7-day trial period for new subscribers
- Included for existing cable, IPTV, and satellite customers
Subscriptions, Downloads, and Devices:
- Sports fans can subscribe directly to Sportsnet NOW via Sportsnet.ca/NOW, then stream on a PC or laptop from a web browser at now.sportsnet.ca.
- The Sportsnet app will be available via the iTunes App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and compatible with Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, as well as Android mobile and tablet devices. Additional platforms to be announced in the near future.
The video platform for Sportsnet Now is provided by NeuLion.